5 Tips for Better Back Health
Maintaining Good Back Health
Follow these Suggestions Daily to Help Prevent Back Pain/Injury
1. No Slouching: Having your shoulders in front of your hips will cause you many problems. Poor posture can increase your risk of back injury. Slouching in your chair, standing incorrectly, and driving hunched over causes misalignment of the spine. Try taking a deep breath while slouched then try taking a deep breath with good posture. See how much of an impact poor posture makes on just that?
2. Lots of Water: Enough water keeps us fluid, rather than stiff. Drinking plenty of water enhances the height of inter vertebral discs, making them even better shock absorbent like they’re intended to do.
3. Fitness: Exercise and activity keep the muscles of the spine strong. The most important muscles to focus on to avoid back pain are the abdominal. Daily stretching routines are encouraged to avoid stiffness.
4. Maintain a Healthy Weight: Maintaining a healthy weight is overall and excellent way to prevent a lot of diseases and discomfort. For the spine, being active helps avoid compression and loading of the inter vertebral discs, prevents postural abnormalities (such as anterior pelvic tilt or the booty pop as I like to call it), and interrupts a sedentary lifestyle.
5. Sleep Well: Ask your chiropractor what the best sleeping position is, to reduce unnecessary strains on your back or neck. Sleep on a comfortable mattress with the appropriate pillow, instead of a couch or recliner. Avoid sleeping on your stomach (this is the worst sleeping position). Try sleeping on your side with a pillow between your legs, or your back with a pillow under your knees.
Does your back need some TLC?
Call Today for a Chiropractic Adjustment – 704-543-5540